- Fintech platforms add Islamic finance capabilities January 24, 2017(Reuters) - Canadian fintech company Goldmoney Inc has certified its gold-based financial products as sharia-compliant, the latest firm to combine blockchain technology to tap demand from Islamic investors.
- Pokemon Go unleashed on game-mad South Korea six months late January 24, 2017SEOUL (Reuters) - Nintendo Co's smash hit Pokemon Go was unleashed on South Korea on Tuesday, six months after it was released elsewhere in the world, a delay caused by security fears over Google Maps.
- Samsung Electronics warns of political risks as chips boost Q4 profit January 24, 2017SEOUL (Reuters) - Samsung Electronics Co Ltd on Tuesday said it expects profit growth in 2017 despite challenges arising from political uncertainty, after record chip earnings glossed over the Note 7 smartphone fiasco in the fourth quarter.
- Yahoo beats Wall Street view, sees Verizon deal closing in second quarter January 24, 2017(Reuters) - Yahoo Inc on Monday reported better-than-expected quarterly profit and revenue, and said the sale of its core internet business to Verizon Communications Inc should be completed in the second quarter, allaying some investor concerns that the deal might collapse.
- LG Display reports record fourth-quarter profits; panel prices seen rising further January 24, 2017SEOUL (Reuters) - South Korea's LG Display Co Ltd said on Tuesday it reported a record fourth-quarter operating profit of 904.3 billion won ($778.33 million) due to a pickup in panel prices.
- LG Display reports record fourth quarter profit of $778 million January 23, 2017SEOUL (Reuters) - South Korea's LG Display Co Ltd said on Tuesday its fourth-quarter operating profit rose 180 percent from a year earlier in its largest quarterly profit ever, due to a pickup in panel prices.
- Beyond Pokemon Go: augmented reality catches Jon Hamm at Sundance January 23, 2017PARK CITY, Utah (Reuters) - Attendees at the Sundance Film Festival can use augmented reality (AR) to hang out with "Mad Men" star Jon Hamm or assemble a human brain, as makers of the new immersive technology seek to engage independent filmmakers.
- 'Resident Evil' goes back to survival horror roots for new game January 23, 2017LONDON (Reuters) - Videogame series 'Resident Evil' goes back to its 'survival horror' roots for its new installment with players experiencing the new game from a first person perspective for the first time, according to Japanese videogame maker Capcom.
- Samsung says batteries caused Note 7 fires, may delay new phone launch January 23, 2017SEOUL (Reuters) - Samsung Electronics Co Ltd indicated on Monday that its latest flagship Galaxy S smartphone could be delayed as it pledged to enhance product safety following an investigation into the cause of fires in its premium Note 7 devices.
- As attacks grow, EU mulls banking stress tests for cyber risks January 23, 2017BRUSSELS (Reuters) - The European Union is considering testing banks' defenses against cyber attacks, EU officials and sources said, as concerns grow about the industry's vulnerability to hacking.